Table of Contents
Enlego Review Summary
Enlego is an Estonia-based ESL company hiring Native English Speakers to teach European adults and children 1v1 online. They pay €9/hr and want 1 year of teaching experience. 20-50min classes cover exam prep, children’s, conversational and business English, though they only offer a small number of students currently.
|Pay (per hour):||€9|
|Language requirements:||Native English Speakers|
|Degree/diploma required?||Bachelor’s preferred|
|Teaching certificate required?||TESOL/TEFL preferred|
|Teaching experience required?||1+ year|
|Student ages/levels:||Adults and children,|
from beginners to advanced
|Class size/platform:||1v1 via Skype|
|Class length:||20, 30, or 50mins|
|Hours:||8am-4pm / 4pm-midnight,|
Monday to Friday
Enlego Pros and Cons
- Short application form
- Teaching certificate and degree preferred but not mandatory
- Students stay with their trial teacher
- European timezone
- Mediocre pay
- Strict recruitment – they do not reply to every application
- Only Native English Speakers with at least 1 year of ESL teaching experience can apply
- Must be comfortable teaching both adults and children
- Still growing, with a small client base that limits student bookings
- Very few reports have yet to be shared by existing teachers
Is Enlego Legit?
Enlego (not to be confused with Engoo) is a legitimate online ESL company that was founded in 2019 by South African systems engineer Dogan Ar. They are based in Tallinn, Estonia, and serve students primarily from Europe.
About Enlego Online Teaching
Enlego teaching is largely conversation-based and conducted one-on-one over Skype. Classes are recorded for students and parents to review later if needed.
- Conversation English – personalized, with students choosing topics of interest to them, such as politics, history, science, culture, sports, music, etc. Includes reading contemporary articles with particular attention to pronunciation, new vocabulary, grammatical structures, and common expressions of the English language.
- Children’s English – aimed at helping children improve their English, think independently and work collaboratively. Fun, communicative, interactive video classes increase children’s confidence in using English inside and outside of the class.
- Exam Preparation – for local and international qualification tests such as the IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge Exams.
- Business English – topics include: Negotiations, Business Trips, Presentations, Job Interviews, and Meetings, Budgeting, the Stock Market, Personal Banking, Investments, and Savings, Pricing, Advertising, Branding, Sales, Strategic Diagnosis, Recruitment, Career Development, Managing Performance, Internet, and Change Management.
The aim is to develop students’ communicative proficiency in an engaging and interactive way, by providing plenty of opportunities for learners to use the target structure.
Native teachers should demonstrate and encourage accurate and natural pronunciation and intonation as well as appropriation in the use of vocabulary, grammar, and functional language.
Teachers also provide feedback and corrections, conduct assessments/tests, and evaluate student performance according to set guidelines.
Enlego Salary Information
The Enlego teacher pay rate is €9 an hour.
Enlego Hours and Schedule
Teachers are required to cover one of the following time slots (students are mainly European):
- 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
- 4pm-midnight, Monday to Friday
Enlego lessons are 20, 30, or 50 minutes in length, and teachers must clock into the website before the start of their class. Reports need to be written up afterward.
Students will stay with their trial teacher unless they request a change, with them booking packages of 8, 12, or 20 classes, usually scheduled as 2, 3, or 5 lessons a week. Students have the right to cancel and reschedule a class 3 times within a month, so long as they provide at least 24 hours’ notice.
Enlego Requirements to Become a Teacher
Enlego’s teacher requirements are:
- Native English Speaker with a clean accent
- Minimum of one year of experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Good communication skills
- Able to manage any age group
- Exhibit the following personal traits:
- Highly computer literate
- Computer with webcam and noise-cancelling headphones
- Reliable workstation with stable power supply and internet connection
A TEFL/TESOL teaching certificate is also preferred but is not mandatory.
Enlego Application Process
Within the job description you will find a short Enlego teacher application form requesting the following:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Attach documents (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter (Optional)
After applying, the next stage of the Enlego hiring process involves recording a video that answers the following questions:
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell me/us about something you have accomplished that you are proud of?
Enlego Teacher Reviews – What Is It Like Working for Enlego?
One downside is that very few Enlego job reviews have been shared publicly at this time. Nothing is available yet on Glassdoor, while this Enlego Reddit thread has a couple of people complaining about applying without getting a response. However, one teacher who worked there briefly talks positively about the relaxed atmosphere, understanding owner, and reliable payment, though the company is still building its client base which limited their student bookings:
Conclusion – Is Enlego Worth It?
Enlego is a company that is still growing in terms of its client base and reputation. It only seems able to offer small numbers of students at present, and is thus selective about who it hires. This won’t suit teachers wanting full-time work, but it might be ok for those looking to add an occasional opportunity to their portfolio of teaching options. For more established companies, check out our full list of online teaching jobs.