Table of Contents
m2r Education Review Summary
m2r Education is a well-regarded UK-based recruitment company that hires teachers/tutors for online and face-to-face roles globally. They currently pay $14-15/hr for 1v1 and small classes with children, and want Native/C1/IELTS 8.5 English Speakers with degrees, teaching certificates, and experience.
|Pay (per hour):||$14 – $15 / £10.50 – £11|
|Language requirements:||English as a 1st language or C1/IELTS 8.5|
|Degree/diploma required?||Bachelor’s degree|
|Teaching certificate required?||TEFL/TESOL/CELTA (120 hours min.)|
|Teaching experience required?||1 year online|
|Student ages/levels:||4-17 years|
|Class size:||1v1 /|
small groups of 4-8 students
|Are teaching materials provided?||Yes|
|Minimum hours (per week):||10 hours (including 4 on weekends)|
m2r Education Pros and Cons
- Long-running, well-established company
- Recruits for a wide range of roles, both online and in-person
- Teach the same students each week, allowing for more rewarding longer-term relationships
- Facilitates opportunities for teachers wanting to travel
- Positive reviews on Trustpilot and Google
- Average pay
- The number and nature of vacancies (including pay and hours) vary depending on current recruitment contracts
- Some positions have a fixed schedule and minimum hours commitment, limiting flexibility
Is m2r Education Legit?
m2r Education (also known as m2r Global) is a legitimate education recruitment company that was founded in 2001 and incorporated in 2013. It is based in the United Kingdom but serves clients in over 35 countries across the globe. The company’s legitimacy is underlined by its accreditation from COBIS and BSME, as well as its 6 international business awards including recognition from the UK Government’s Department for International Trade.
About m2r Teaching
In addition to recruiting for schools in the UK and overseas (such as Apollo English), m2r tutoring is an official partner of the National Tutoring Programme and provides online and face-to-face tuition directly with a focus on the:
- English National Curriculum
- US Curriculum
- IB Curriculum
m2r Education ESL online lessons currently require teachers for children and teenagers aged 4-17 years, in one-on-one or small group sessions of 4-8 students.
m2r Education also offers paid internships in Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, and Cambodia for those wishing to travel and teach.
Below, m2r’s Managing Director, Munir Mamujee MBE, discusses the company’s origins and mission and what they look for in recruits:
m2r Salary Information
While the m2r pay rate will vary depending on the position/school being recruited for, they currently offer £10.50-£11 or USD$14-$15 per hour for online ESL teachers.
m2r Education Hours and Schedule
The hours and schedule also vary by position/school, though m2r is currently wanting remote teachers who can commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week (including 4 on weekends) between:
- 5.20pm – 9.20pm (Indochina Time), Monday to Friday
- 7.45am – 7.40pm (ICT), Saturday and Sunday
Schedules are fixed, meaning teachers will deliver classes to the same children every week, allowing them to develop a deeper teaching relationship and see the positive impact of their work over time.
Preparation time is minimized by the provision of pre-set teaching materials (including lesson plans, notes, interactive activities, and other media), which can be accessed for familiarization ahead of class.
Contracts are rolling for 12 months, with opportunities for ongoing work and even the option of teaching in Vietnam for those interested in traveling.
m2r Education Requirements
The requirements to become an m2r Education ESL online teacher are:
- English fluency – minimum of IELTS 8.5 / C1 for Non-Native English Speakers
- ESL qualification, i.e. TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate (120 hours min.)
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 1 year of online teaching experience
- Demonstrable personal qualities including:
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate students
- Willingness to learn
- Able to commit to at least 40 teaching hours a month, including 4 each weekend
- Windows or Mac OS computer with a minimum of 8GB RAM and a fast processor (e.g. Intel Core i5 or equivalent/higher)
- HD webcam and headset with microphone
- Robust internet connection, with preferred speed of 20Mbps (test your internet speed)
- Valid passport for identity checking and payment processing
m2r Education Recruitment Process
- Online Teaching
- English Language Schools
- Face to Face Tutoring
- Higher/Further Ed.
- International Schools
- UK Schools
- Training and Development
Within the job descriptions you will find an ‘Apply Now’ button which will ask you to complete a form with the following information:
- Personal Information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Contact number
- Current location
- IELTS Score and Type (If applicable)
- Work Experience:
- How many years of classroom based teaching experience do you have?
- How many years of academic management experience do you have?
- What are the main subjects you have taught in the past 5 years?
- What age groups have you taught?
- Work preferences:
- Where would you like to work? E.g. Work from home (online teaching)
- What is your availability / when would you like to start a new role?
- What salary and benefits package are you looking for?
- Any other comments to help with your application?
- Upload CV and Supporting Documents
The company provides this advice for candidates invited to interview.
Note that due to the high volume of applications that are received, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of applying then you should consider yourself unsuccessful.
m2r Education Reviews – What Do Teachers Say?
The online reviews of m2r Education are overwhelmingly positive, with both Trustpilot and Google Reviews currently providing aggregated scores 4.9 out of 5. You will find lots of references to the company’s professionalism, supportiveness, and prompt communication in helping teachers find work. Below is a sample of experiences by teachers who have used m2r Education recently (with 3 stars being the lowest rating that has been given to the company thus far):
- “The team at M2R was supportive. They provided the relevant information for me to prepare for the internship programme.” (Rating 4/5)
- “I have worked for M2R over the course of a couple of years. The most recent stint had some challenges, however the team at M2R were professional and supportive. This is a company that I recommend to teachers; real care for those who work for them.” (Rating 5/5)
- “I recently completed the onboarding process and am thrilled to be a new teacher at this online school. My journey with the school began with the exceptional support of Eleanor Gilbertson, who guided me through the application process. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, displaying remarkable responsiveness to my emails and a willingness to address all my inquiries. Even after signing the contract, Eleanor continued to keep in touch, ensuring that I had everything I needed to start my teaching journey smoothly…” (Rating 5/5)
- “Fantastic company and Eleanor Gilbertson is a fantastic recruiter. Thank you, Eleanor, for your wonderful job recommendation, you are simple [sic] amazing.” (Rating 5/5)
- “Ryan was kind and helpful. He did his best to arrange a meeting and solve problems. He is posive [sic] and approachable. Thanks Ryan” (Rating 3/5)
- “The services of M2r as a recruiter were excellent. They communicated efficiently, responded to all queries and managed the process with the school very well. I was impressed with the follow ups during the process and more so after I secured the post. I highly recommend their services.” (Rating 5/5)
Conclusion – Is m2r Education Worth It for Teachers?
m2r Education is a useful hirer to bookmark and monitor due to the fact that they regularly advertise different roles. They will thus appeal to a range of teachers, not just online ESL or tutoring. However, this does mean that pay rates, required hours, and job conditions will vary between the schools they recruit for.
Be sure to check out our full list of online teaching jobs.